This October has been full up. Jazz Bands 3 & 4 performed at Tula’s; we hosted Allison Miller and Boom Tic Boom for an amazing workshop; everyone packed the Stone Way Café for a jam session; and students have been out in the community playing gigs and taking in the Earshot Jazz Festival. Did anyone catch Jazzmeia Horn? Or George Garzone?
And it keeps going!
- Jazz Bands 3 & 4 perform at the Edmonds Jazz Symposium on October 27th, and will also have a chance to check out the JazzED College Summit + Audition Workshop being held at the Symposium.
- Jazz Band 1 performs with Jovino Santos Neto at RHS on October 29th at 7pm, as part of the Earshot Jazz Festival. Get your tickets now!
- Jazz Band 2 will attend the UW Jazz Festival on November 1st.
- Our directors perform with Maria Schneider and SRJO, November 3rd and 4th.
- Vocal Jazz will head out to Bremerton for the Bremerton Vocal Jazz Festival on November 17th.
Don’t worry, it doesn’t all come to a halt after that! We’ll take a short breather for Thanksgiving (except for the kids who also march with the Roosevelt Roughrider Band, who’ll be out in force at the Macy’s Holiday Parade). Then we’ll be back with more jams, gigs, performances at the Green Lake Pathway of Lights, and of course the Jazz Nutcracker. Hope to see you there! Yes, at all of it!